Are you Facing issues with the Arlo firmware update? The solution is hereIf you want to manually update Arlo Firmware, Please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to my.arlo.com or open Arlo Application.
- Then Go to “Setting” > then “MY Devices“.
- From the options locate camera that needs to be updated.
- Then Go to “Device Info” then > “Firmware” and last > “Update” (Note: You must never Open the battery door or take out battery, until the arlo firmware update is completed. )
- While the Arlo firmware is updating or downloading, make sure that Blue and Amber LED is blinking on camera. Once done the LED will be off for couple of minutes while the Firmware installation is in process.
- Once done the Camera will sync to base station.
- Just follow the same steps to update other cameras.
Arlo is best known for both wire-free and wired security cameras, and just like any other electronic device, you need to do Arlo Firmware update. It has been seen that most of the users face issues with the Arlo firmware update. But not anymore, as now you can get in touch with the Arlo customers support team any time you want to resolve the issue. To enjoy maximum benefits from Arlo products, you need to keep the firmware updated.
However, if the Arlo firmware update not working, then here are some tips that you can follow to resolve the issue.
Firmware updates- install them now for the best experience.
The manufacturers frequently release the updated version of the firmware. Well, for better stability and experience, you should regularly check for the Arlo firmware update. And the updated firmware as soon as possible. You shouldn’t face any issues while checking for Arlo firmware update 2021, as you can do this using the Arlo app. Here you will find crucial information, for example, details about firmware update Arlo, how to update Arlo camera firmware, and more. Besides, you will also explore different methods to update Arlo camera firmware automatically and manually. So, keep reading.
What do you mean by Arlo firmware?
In general, different coded instructions are combined together to develop a robust coded program. And you call this firmware. Remember that the stability, features, performance, control, and functionality are defined with different coded instructions. However, with time, to keep up with the latest trends, manufacturers roll out firmware updates frequently. By installing, Arlo camera firmware update, the users can enjoy the latest features. So, it is advisable to update the firmware as soon as possible. The camera’s efficiency and usability depend on the firmware update Arlo.
Installing all the latest updates, including the Arlo base station firmware update, on time, you can enjoy a better experience. The company has released Arlo firmware update 2021, and you need to install it immediately.
However, sometimes users encounter with different issues while updating. For example, sometimes they get a notification saying, “Arlo camera will not update firmware.” On the other hand, some have a complaint that Arlo firmware update taking forever. So, what is the solution? Well, you can always call the customer support team to get the solutions. But here are some methods that you can try to fix issues related to update Arlo firmware.
The Arlo firmware update is not working properly
Try by restarting your device
If you are installing a new Arlo device and it is flashing an error notification saying the device is waiting for the firmware update, and you are stuck at the screen, that means there are some errors with the device, and it is not properly connecting to the server. How to solve this Arlo firmware update issue? Well, you can try by turning it off and turning the device on again. This way, the device would be able to establish a connection with the server. Once done, the firmware will automatically update to the latest version.If you are still seeing “, Arlo firmware update failed,” then don’t waste your time and get in touch with Arlo camera experts for the solutions.
Properly check the internet connection
Another factor that can affect Arlo latest firmware update is the internet connection. So, you need to make sure that the internet connection is working and the Wi-Fi router is also good. If the Arlo firmware update stuck after reaching 40 to 50 percent, then run your internet connection speed test.
If everything is fine, you should restart your router and connect the Arlo device to the internet again. This would resolve the issue. If you are still facing the same issue, don’t worry at all and get in touch with the Arlo customer support team.
Check the battery power
Remember that most of the Arlo devices running on battery will not initiate the firmware update if the battery power is below 75 percent. Well, there is nothing to worry about it as this is not a major problem. This is generally a safety feature. So, if the firmware is not updating, then make sure the battery power is above 75 percent. Or else, you can first recharge the battery and then try to update the firmware to prevent any error.
You can try a force update
If you are facing issues with the Arlo firmware auto-update, then you can try to manually update or force update the firmware. For the devices that come with a reset button, then you can press the button, and that will reset the device. And after the reset, the device will update to the Arlo latest firmware.
Always check the serial number and firmware version of the device you are using.
If you are trying to update the device manually, then you should check the serial number and firmware version carefully. If the device is running on the latest firmware, the device will not update.
Now, you might be thinking about how to check these details. Well, here are some easy ways. You can find the serial number of your devices in two places, i.e., on the label of the device and in the Arlo smartphone app.
The manufacturer recommends using the mobile app to check the serial number. However, if you can’t get it on the app and your device is offline, then you can check the product label. Based on the device, the label’s location will vary.
How to check the firmware version and serial number using the app?
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- There you need to click on the Settings option and then go to the My Devices option.
- Choose the Arlo device that you are currently using.
- Now, click on the Device Infor option.
You can now see the firmware version and serial number. If the firmware version is new, then there is no need to worry. You are using the latest firmware.
Common places to find the serial numbers
- Wire-free light and camera- If you are using these devices, then you can find the serial number in the battery compartment behind the battery.
- Base station- In this device, check the underneath of the base station for the serial number.
- Doorbell- The serial number will be near the batteries.
- Powered camera- Check underneath the camera, and you can see the serial numbers.
How to update the Arlo cameras firmware manually?
Arlo releases the firmware updates periodically, and the devices are designed to download and install the updates automatically. To lower the camera downtime, automatic update generally carries out between 3 to 5 am.
If this is a major firmware update, you may not be able to use the camera until the device updated to the latest version. You can let your device update automatically, or you can do it manually. Don’t know how to update Arlo camera firmware manually? Well, here are some steps that you can follow
Before moving to the steps, you need to know about some important things regarding firmware update Arlo. The devices will utilize the cellular data while updating the firmware. Sometimes, the company releases minor software updates, and the update size can range up to 8MB. In case of a larger firmware update, the size can be around 50 to 60MB.
Steps to manually update firmware for Arlo Ultra, Pro, Pro 3, and Pro 2 models
- First, you need to launch the app, or you can log in to the official site by visiting my.arlo.com.
- Now, click on the Settings option and then click on the My Devices option.
- There, you need to click on the Device Info; after that, tap on the Firmware option and click on the update. To avoid any error, don’t remove the batteries from the camera while updating.
- Once done, let the device complete the update process. While downloading the latest firmware, the device’s LED will flash blue and amber. While installing the update, the LED will not blink for a few minutes. The camera will automatically synchronize to the Arlo base station, Once it s updated, and the device will again start working normally.
Arlo Baby Firmware Update
While the Arlo Baby Camera was already a HomeKit-compatible camera, many of its capabilities were not accessible through HomeKit. However, the most recent Arlo baby firmware update has introduced support for functions, which is wonderful news for people who have been using these cameras exclusively for their infants and wanted access to the other features directly within the Home app.
Given all of the features of the Arlo Baby cam, it has a lot more functionality than pretty much every other HomeKit camera on the market, so this has given new life to a device that was already packed with features but was limited by the limitations of not having everything available directly within HomeKit.
How to manually update Arlo Q Plus, Go, or Q model?
Well, for this, you need to follow the steps mentioned above. Let the update to complete. You can see amber and blue light while the device is downloading and installing the latest firmware. If the firmware is installed. The camera will reboot, and the LED will go off.
After a few seconds, the LED will light up, and the pattern will stop changing. That means the security camera is ready to stream.
Remember that if you turn off the LED from the camera’ settings, while updating the LED will not blink. So, when the led is off, ensure that you can see that camera feed liver from the app or from the browser. If you mistakenly remove the device battery while the firmware update is in progress, your device will become unusable. So, make sure that the device has sufficient power.
How to update the base station or SmartHub firmware?
- First, you need to open the Arlo app, or you can visit my.arlo.com.
- Now, click on the Settings option and then tap on the My Devices.
- There, you need to choose the base station or SmartHub.
- Now, click on the Device Info, then tap on firmware and click on update to complete Arlo base station firmware update manually.
Don’t turn off the base station or SmartHub while updating the firmware. The updating process will take time. So, wait for a few minutes. The base station or SmartHub power LED will blink green while the software update is downloading and installing. After the installation, the SmartHub will reboot, and the LED will flash amber light when the update is completed when the LED flashes solid green light.
If the LED is showing green light and or the power LED is showing blue light, then the software update is still in progress.
So, don’t disconnect or turn off the device during this time. Wait till the device is viewable in the feed before turning off the device.
Useful troubleshooting tips to fix \ firmware update problems of Arlo.
“Arlo firmware update failed”- this a common issue that some users of Arlo cameras face while updating the firmware. Is the Arlo firmware update stuck in the middle? Well, don’t worry at all, as here you will explore some informative solutions that you can try out if the update is not working. As different issues need different solutions, here are some common issues with the respective solutions. You can even try these tips for Arlo Pro 2 firmware update.
- Firmware update failed on the camera login
If the Arlo camera’s firmware doesn’t update automatically on the camera login, don’t worry at all. Suppose you are unable to update the camera automatically or manually. In that case, there might be a chance that you have skipped some steps or you forgot to carefully follow the firmware update guidelines. So, what you need to do is read the guidelines and update instructions carefully and start the process again.
- The software update failed
If the firmware update fails to update automatically, then you can try by updating the device software manually. As mentioned above, the manual firmware updating process is very easy. To complete this, open the app, then go to the settings. After that, click on My Devices and chose the camera model. Now click on the Device Info, then firmware, and tap on the Update option.
- The device taking a long time to update
If your camera’s firmware update processes are taking hours to update, then it will be better for you to stop the current update and start the updating process again.
- The update got stuck at a certain percentage
If the Arlo firmware update stuck for a long time, then you should check the battery lid and make sure it is closed. If the lid of the battery is open or the batteries are not in the case, then the update will get stuck in the middle.
What if the update goes wrong?
Sometimes, the users of the Arlo camera may encounter a problem where the update may take forever to get installed. Well, the possible reason can be that the firmware update process was not correct, and you have made a mistake. Besides, this can also happen when the device loses the synchronization. So, what is the solution for this? Well, you can try removing the battery from the case and then insert it again. This will make the security camera re-establish the sync.
The base station or SmartHub firmware update gets stuck in the middle
In case if you are receiving an error showing the Arlo base station or SmartHub firmware update stuck, then you can try this solution. All you need disconnect the base station from the power source for a few minutes. After that, connect the device and reboot it again. This method should solve the issue.
All these issues with the respective solutions can solve the issues related to the firmware update. However, if you are still dealing with the problem, you can always contact the Arlo customer support team for effective solutions.
Things that you all should know about the firmware updates in Arlo cameras
For the Arlo Pro and Pro Wire-free users
If the cameras are connected to the SmartHub, and there is an active internet connection, then the firmware update in these models will happen automatically. But you need to make sure that the device has more than 15 percent battery. If the device is off and the update is released, then the update process will begin when you turn on the device.
The timing for automatic updates is 3 am to 5 am. So, you will not face any camera downtime issues. In very rare cases, the video camera may get offline if there is now enough battery power for firmware update. So, if this happens, just recharge the battery, and you are good to go. Remember that don’t remove the battery or open the door of the battery case while updating.
For the Arlo Q Plus and Q users
The automatic update process may start when you turn it off and turn the device on again. While updating, the device’s LED will blink blue and amber light. As discussed above, the automatic update will take place between 3 am to 5 am, and once the update is done, the device will reboot automatically. Don’t interrupt power or unplug the device from the power source while updating to prevent errors.
Understanding the error codes and their solutions
While installing Arlo base station firmware update or camera firmware update, you may encounter different error codes. Well, they arise due to any issue with the update process. However, there is no need to panic about this as there are some solutions for this. But, if you will see the error codes after applying these methods, then you should immediately contact the Arlo support team. Now, let’s discuss about the error codes and possible solutions.
Arlo Error Code 4404
There is no doubt that Arlo cameras are the best security cameras. In fact, they are quite popular in schools, companies, offices, and homes. They can clearly record everything and will offer you a high-quality output. Well, like other cameras, Arlo cameras also face technical or non-technical issues. And some of the issues may arise during the Arlo ultra firmware update or while updating other models. Sometimes you may face errors like “Arlo firmware update not working.” Besides, sometimes you will see different error codes. And most common error code is 4404.
Well, this is one type of error that you can face in the device out of nowhere. Even though the cameras from Arlo are very reliable, they can still face problems like this.
This error shows up when you are trying to update the firmware, and you will get a notification saying the device won’t update. After that, the camera will stop working. On the screen, you will see “Firmware Update Error Code 4404”. Let’s discuss about the solutions.
Troubleshooting the error code 4404
Well, you can always take the help of the technical support team, but sometimes you can solve the issue on your own. And for that, you need to try the following methods.
By power cycling the camera
One of the basic steps that you need to do in order to avoid this issue is to turn off the camera system. Besides, make sure that all the wires are disconnected from the device. Then leave the camera like that for a few minutes.
After waiting for 5 to 10 minutes, you can now plug the wire and turn on the device. Wait for around two minutes for a start-up. If you are using a wireless Arlo camera, then you need to remove the battery from it and wait for around 20 to 40 seconds and put the battery back.
The Arlo camera firmware update will automatically begin. Besides, during the update, the camera will connect to the Arlo base station, and you can see the LED lights bling the colors amber and blue.
No, wait for a few seconds, and the LED will go off. Well, don’t worry at all as this is normal. After completing the firmware update, the cameras will synchronize to the base station, and the LED will now blink blue.
This would resolve the error code 4404. However, if the error is still there, it is advisable to get in touch with the Arlo tech team.
By power cycling the base station
For this, you need to unplug the Arlo base station from the power source. After that, wait for around 2 to 5 minutes. Then plug the base station back to the power source and let the device to start up again.
After that, the Arlo base station firmware update, will begin automatically. The base station will connect to the internet to establish synchronization. As per the manual, the automatic update of the device will happen between 3 AM to 5 AM.
Update the firmware
Sometimes, updating the Arlo update firmware manually can solve the issue. For that, you need to visit the official site of the Arlo. There you can check for the latest firmware updates available for your camera model. If you come across any new updates, download them on the PC. Then you can manually update the device.
Check the Wi-Fi signal.
Don’t think that the device has some issues, and that is causing the error. Sometimes, your internet signal strength can create an error. So, it is advisable to check the internet connection or signal strength.
You can turn off your router and then turn it on after a few minutes. To check the signal strength, you can carry out a network speed test. Check whether if the signal strength is enough to keep the camera running. If you are receiving sufficient signal and still facing the error, then call the tech help team. They can offer you the best solutions and tips.
Make sure that the device is connected to the power supply and there is no issue while updating the camera. Besides, ensure that the base station and the cameras have a working internet connection.
Furthermore, you should also update the app to the latest version. If the problem is still there, the experts can help you out.
Error code 4208 and the solution
The error code 4208 in Arlo devices is very annoying and can drive you crazy. If you are seeing the notification error code 4208 with a message “the firmware can’t be updated, try again later.”, then there is an issue with the firmware update. In this case, the firmware update will begin, but later it will fail. And if you keep trying, the camera will not sync. You can try to update the firmware manually, but you will face the same error code.
Well, this happens due to a network issue but don’t worry at all as you can fix the problem quickly. For this, you can improve the network connection. Besides, make sure that the battery level is good (if you are using a wireless Arlo camera).
How to fix the 4208-error code?
- You can try by removing all the cameras from your Arlo smartphone app. Then click on the Settings option, and tap on the My Device to begin from scratch. Some users have reported that this formula worked for them.
- If you are using a Wi-Fi camera model, then make sure that the camera is fully charged. Remember that if the battery level is below 20 percent, the camera will not update. So, there should be sufficient power to begin the firmware update process.
- What’s more? You also need to make sure the internet signal length is good. If the signal length is poor, then turn off your Wi-Fi device and turn it on again. Sometimes, a slow internet connection can also cause the issue.
- If you have tried all these steps and the 4208 error is still there, then it is advisable to reboot the Arlo base station. After that, let the device update automatically. As mentioned above, the automatic update will begin between 3 to 5 AM.
- Make sure that you are using the latest Arlo smartphone app.
Issues while updating other devices from Arlo
Not just the security camera users, the users of the Arlo doorbell and light security system also are facing issues while updating the firmware. So, here are some solutions for them to try.
How to update the firmware of the Arlo Security Light system?
When the users add the Arlo Bridge to the account for the first time, the Arlo app will check for any new firmware updates. If there is any new update, the Bridge will download it and update itself. So, the entire process is very simple.
While updating, the LED light will go through multiple blinking colors during the Arlo Bridge update and syncs. Once done, you will see a confirmation message on your Arlo smartphone app. While the Arlo firmware update 2020 is in progress, you shouldn’t unplug the Bridge. Besides, don’t unplug the light system or remove the battery.
As per the manufacturer, the firmware updates in the Arlo Security Light system and Arlo Bridge will happen between 12 PM to 2 PM automatically. The firmware updates will begin during the day. As a result, you will not face any disturbance during the night. If, due to some reason, the update fails, the device will try to update itself again the next day.
What should you do if the update fails?
In general, the firmware update fails due to a poor internet connection. However, if you are facing the issue, then try out the following tips:
- You need to make sure that the Arlo light is within the range of the Arlo Bridge.
- Besides, ensure that the Arlo Bridge’s internet or Wi-Fi connection is stable and working.
- What’s more? You should ensure that there is no congestion in your Wi-Fi network. For instance, downloading large-sized files streaming videos, and doing high bandwidth-intensive works can slow down the connection.
However, if your internet connection is good and the device is still not updating, then it’s time to give a call to the Arlo support team. They can suggest to you some effective methods to solve the issue.
How to update the Arlo Video Doorbell firmware?
Arlo Video Doorbells are a great product to keep the property protected from unwanted access or visitors. In fact, many security experts have suggested using these doorbells. Moreover, the camera utilizes a perfect viewing angle to capture every detail at a higher resolution. Besides, it also comes with a built-in siren. To enhance the performance and security features of the doorbell, the company frequently releases Arlo video doorbell firmware update. Even though the device can automatically download and install the updates, sometimes it may encounter few issues. So, how to fix it?
The possible solutions
- You can try by rebooting the device through the Settings option. Open the Settings and then click on the My Device option. Now, you need to click on the doorbell Model and click on the Restart option. This will solve the issue.
- If this method doesn’t work, then turn off the doorbell and wait for a few minutes. After 5 minutes, turn on the doorbell. The update will begin automatically, and you can see the progress on the app.
- Another method is by removing the doorbell and adding it again to your account. You can also try by factory resetting the device. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset the device.
How to reset Arlo Video Doorbell?
Remember that if you reset the video doorbell, it will return to the default settings. Besides, it will get removed from the Arlo account, and you will have to add it again following the in-app setup instructions.
You can easily reset the Arlo Video Doorbell using the Arlo app. For this, you need to click on the Device Settings and then tap on the Remove Device option. However, during this process, you will have to make sure that the video doorbell is online.
Another method to reset the doorbell
- Find the release pin that you will get with the product. If you don’t have that, then you can also utilize a paperclip.
- Now, you need to press and hold the device’s reset button that you can find over the doorbell’s backside. Hold it for around 15 seconds.
- Now, you can see that the LED rings located on the front side will flash white. It generally happens during the reset procedure.
- That’s it. The reset is done.
After that, you need to add the doorbell to your Arlo account so that it can start the updating procedure. For that, you can follow these steps:
- First, you need to open your Arlo smartphone app. You can also visit my.arlo.com. Now, you see a page with the devices.
- Here you need to click on the Add New Device option. You can find this option at the screen’s bottom.
- Now, you need to choose the video doorbell setup.
- Carefully follow all the on-screen instructions to add the device.
In most of the cases, resetting and reconfiguring the device solve the issue. So, go on and try out this method. For any issues and queries, you can always get in touch with the Arlo customer support team for faster and effective solutions. It is a fact that it is very frustrating to see the issues while updating the Arlo devices. But with these solutions, you can resolve most of the issues.
Why should you keep the Arlo cameras up-to-date?
As the firmware updates carry some crucial functions of the hardware, a new update may bring some changes in the program. This is necessary to keep the device functioning properly. Besides, it can also fix bugs to offer you better security features. In order to update the Arlo devices, the users need to install the latest update developed for the particular device and model. Now, let’s talk about some upsides.
Advantages of updating to the latest firmware in Arlo devices
- The latest Arlo pro firmware update or doorbell update will upgrade the respective devices with some newest operational instructions. In fact, you don’t need to upgrade the hardware to enjoy the new features.
- When you update the firmware, you will explore a lot of new features that are added to the Arlo devices. Besides, the user experience while interacting with the Arlo devices will also enhance.
- What’s more? The latest firmware will not just enhance the performance of the device, it will also improve the processor’s performance.
- It will influence the video processing speed, picture quality, audio quality, and response time of the device.
- Some issues can be developed in the devices over time due to different reasons, for example, software updates. Well, now these issues can be easily fixed by installing the latest firmware updates.
- This will help the users in preventing their devices from becoming outdated or obsolete. How? The firmware updates bring new capabilities as well as functionalities to the device.
- When the device has the latest firmware, it can decode the algorithms faster and open the maximum performance level of the hardware.
- The logic operation of the Arlo device that you use remains in EPROM- Electronically Programmable Read-Only Memory. The firmware updates can upgrade the EPROM capacity.
- By regular updating, you can lower the requirements for expensive bug fixes and repairs.
- When you update the microcode, the equipment will work smoothly. As a result, there will be no lags in the device’s performance.
How to find the latest updates?
As discussed above, the manufacturers of the device release the update. The update will come to your devices automatically if you have a working internet connection. To know about the availability of the updates, you can follow the following ways:
- One of the best ways to get information about the latest firmware updates is by registering your product. You can do that by visiting the official site of Arlo. Whenever a new update is available, the company will notify you.
- Another method is to visit Arlo’s official website and check for any updates for the model. You can also find the minor updates to fix small issues.
- Besides, you can join and follow Arlo’s social media pages to know about the upcoming or latest updates.
Keep the device updated and enjoy the newest features
New vulnerabilities in firmware are detected all the time. If your device has outdated firmware, then the hackers can easily hack the device and still private data. Manufacturers solve the issues by releasing the new firmware. So, you need to install the new firmware as soon as it is released by the company. Most of the security cameras have PII- Personally Identifiable Information, and you need to keep that safe. Besides, the latest firmware updates also come with several improvements.
If you are facing issues while updating your Arlo devices, just follow the solutions mentioned here, and you will be able to successfully update the camera. In case you need more information, feel free to contact us anytime.