The Arlo firmware update releases automatically to all the Arlo systems and devices. These automatic firmware updates take place between 3 – 5 a.m. just to decrease the Arlo camera downtime. To update the Arlo baby firmware update manually follow the steps given below:
- Start the Arlo app or you can log in to the Arlo web page at my.arlo.com from your mobile phone or computer.
- Click or tap to the SETTINGS.
- Then go to MY DEVICES.
- Click on the Arlo camera from the list that you need to update.
- Click on the DEVICE INFO, then go to FIRMWARE > UPDATE.
- Now, wait till the firmware completes.
- Warning: Always remember not to remove the camera from the base station, remove the batteries or open the battery lid from the back of the camera while the update is in progress otherwise the camera will not work properly or get damaged permanently.
If you DO NOT SEE ANY LIGHT FLASHING- this may be due to the personal settings, check whether the LED’s light is off in the settings. Due to this, the LEDs will not blink to show the firmware update status.
If you are new to Arlo devices or got a new Arlo Baby then to set up and sync the Arlo baby camera follow these easy steps given below. And never forget to update Arlo firmware for the best experience. For more information on Arlo firmware update 2021 visit Arlofirmwareupdate.com, the place where you will find the solution to all the Arlo firmware issues and easy steps to update Arlo firmware manually.
- The LEDs of the camera will blink amber and blue which indicates that the firmware is in downloading and installing process.
- As the firmware is installed, the Arlo Baby camera will itself reboot and the camera LED gets switched off.
- The LED will flash again but not showing any pattern then your camera is available to stream the video.
- For starting a new Arlo account, get an Arlo app on your mobile phone or computer.
- Launch the Arlo app.
- Then from there press on NEW TO ARLO or if you have an existing Arlo account login and tap on ADD DEVICES.
- Press on ARLO BABY and continue.
- Then wait till the Arlo app locate Arlo Baby automatically, this process may take 2 – 3 minutes.
- Press on NEXT.
- Choose the internet connection from the options given and then tap on NEXT.
- Set the preferred time zone and then continue.
- Now name the Arlo Baby camera.
- Click to Continue.
- Press YES.
- Click to ADD IT NOW to put the Arlo Baby Camera to your HomeKit.
- You can also create a shortcut by tapping to ADD HOME.
- Tap on NEXT.
- Locate the HomeKit code on an Arlo Baby from the camera for Quick Start Guide.
- Type the code on the HomeKit from the camera label or scan the code present on the back of the Quick Start Guide.
- Create a room to position the baby camera or allot the camera with a particular room within a Home app.
- Tap on DONE. Your Arlo Baby Camera is ready to use.
Briefly, it is important for the best experience to always update your Arlo device to its latest version. If you postpone the major updates then the camera may stop streaming. But the sound and motion detection will work and continue recording on the selected mode.
To read more go to How do I update my Arlo Baby firmware manually?